Student clothing, and personal hygiene is an important part of a positive learning environment. In an effort to maximize a positive learning environment at Bates Elementary, the following dress code will apply. This dress code will be enforced while students are at school and at all school activities.
- *Children should be dressed in comfortable, practical and safe clothing.
- *Your child should not dress in a manner that is unsafe or disrupts learning,
- *Shirts, tops and dresses should have a sleeve that covers the ball of the shoulder and the underarm.
- *No tank tops, spaghetti straps, shorts or skirts shorter than mid-thigh, bare midriffs, halter tops or
- low cut shirts.
- *No hats or sunglasses may be worn in the school building (including visors or bandanas) with the
- exception of school-wide designated hat days. Students may wear snow hats outside during snowy
- *Shoes should be comfortable and protective. Open-toed sandals may not provide adequate protection
- on the playground.
- *Clothing or other items advertising or displaying: crude words, pictures, controlled and /or illegal
- substance, inappropriate or suggestive
- language, or gang related. (alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gang badges, gang signs or symbols, spiked
- jewelry, chains, etc.) are not acceptable.
- *Students who come to school with inappropriate clothing will be sent home to change.
- *Please label all school clothing, book bags or personal supplies with the student’s name.
- *Any exceptions to the above procedures must be approved by the principal.